Monday, January 18, 2010

The Globes. You Know, The Golden Ones.

Yesterday was the beginning of my favorite season. Award show season! A season that brings together a collection of my favorites in the form of film, television, music, fashion, and dazzlingly dapper actors. Stick me in front of a screen with a red carpet and shiny golden awards and this gal has died and gone to hog heaven! So sit back and enjoy my musings on each event as I blog it up, starting with last nights 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards.


Roll out the Red Carpet for SOME of my Fashion Favs:

Anna Paquin's bedazzled Stella McCartney gown won my Sparkle-lovin' heart!


Ginnifer Goodwin is Pixie perfect in cobalt blue.


MOST ADORABLE COUPLE AWARD

Emily Blunt is blushingly beautiful in that Dolce & Gabbanna gown and the always-adorable John Krasinski stands out in that navy blue tux!


Penelope Cruz is stunning in this Lacetastic Giorgio Armani Prive gown.


Taylor Lautner shines without that suit but dannnnng boy, hurry up and turn 18!


Toni Collette shines in Elie Saab!


I want to drown in Chace Crawford's baby blues. *sigh*


Lee Michele is full-skirted & fabulous in the always impressive Oscar de la Renta



Classic Chic Jennifer Aniston and the oh so tasty Gerard Butler



Please step off the Red Carpet! My TOP 3 Fashion Nightmares of the night:

Kate Hudson looks like a white hot mess!


Cher opted for the Morticia Adams meets Pirate hooker look.



Christina Hendricks, while I think you are a bombshell beauty, never put peach on porcelain skin again. Please and Thank You.



AND THE GOLDEN GLOBE GOES TO...

While there were several I will leave alone due simply to my own personal preferences, I can’t ignore the absolute award ROBBERY that took place during the Golden Globes tonight. I think the Hollywood Foreign Press might have opted for the Eeny-meeny-miny-moe method on several occasions or rather the we’re going to vote for all the big hits at the box office! Ricky Gervais said it best, “A Golden Globe cannot be bought, officially.”


My (limited) Golden Globe Highlights:

Ricky Gervais. Enough said.

Drew Barrymore for Grey Gardens (not including that dreadful rambling speech).

Up for ‘Best Animated Feature’! What a sweet and adorable film. However, it should have also won for the most heartbreaking first five minutes of a film EVER.

Jason Reitman and Sheldon Turner win Best Screenplay for Up in The Air. Well deserved and deeply happy about this one. Reitman even warmed my heart up with his sweet shout out to his wife.

Robert De Niro was hilarious and Leonardo DiCaprio was truly appreciative in a genuinely heartfelt tribute to Martin Scorsese. He’s such an adorable little old man full of love for the art of filmmaking and a true talent.

GLEE!!!!! They take the win for ‘Best Televison Series, Comedy or Musical’ and I was positively giddy for the new kids on the block. This might have been the only point during the ceremony where the Hollywood Foreign Press redeemed themselves for a few shining moments.

Sandra Bullock wins ‘Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama’. While I know many people were pulling for newcomer Gabourey Sidibe, I can’t help but rejoice in Sandy’s win! I love her dearly.

Robert Downey Jr.’s speech for his ‘Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy’ made me giggle. A LOT. Whether he deserved the award or not, I’m glad he won for the sheer fact that his speech was the most entertaining one of the entire night!

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Alec Baldwin wins for ‘Best Actor in a Television Series, Comedy or Musical’ yet AGAIN. Really? REALLY? Don’t get me wrong, I love 30 Rock but there were so many other great performances this past year and I just felt someone else deserved their shining moment. Particularly Matthew Morrison from Glee but that might be my raging lust for him talking!

In my mind, I’m going to pretend that Jane Lynch took the globe for ‘Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television’ because there was no one more deserving of this one. She got ROBBED!

James Cameron wins ‘Best Director’ for Avatar. Oh, hell no! He’s the least deserving of all the nominees. *grumble grumble*

While I do love The Hangover, I honestly felt that (500) Days of Summer should have taken home the gold for ‘Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical’. It was original. A fresh, funky gem of a flick!

And the worst moment of the entire night, Avatar takes the top award for ‘Best Motion Picture, Drama’. SERIOUSLY? Best Drama? You’re joking, right Hollywood Foreign Press? I get the whole this a really visually stunning production with loads of new technology and all that jazz but that dialogue was truly horrific. Painful even. I would much prefer to sit through that film with just a score…or maybe some earplugs! You did watch Up in the Air right? What about Inglorious Bastards? Precious? The Hurt Locker? Oh my bad, ‘Best Drama’ must translate to ‘Biggest Money Maker’.


Stay tuned next week for the SAG Awards breakdown. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the actors might have got it right!


Peace, Love, & Chicken Grease

Beks


No comments:

Post a Comment