Wednesday, October 22, 2014

#100HappyDays

#100HappyDaysCompleted


Cue the celebratory tunes. I did it, folks! I completed every single day of the #100HappyDays Challenge. I know it may not seem like much of an accomplishment to many but that just proves that you’ve never attempted it! Afterall, I am amongst a mere 29% of Happy Completers.

As one of the elite few to make it until the end, here is what I discovered while finding happiness in each day.


Make Time

While I cracked on the people who claimed that they didn’t have enough time to complete this challenge in the beginning, I kinda-sorta-maybe get it now. There were days when I was going full steam ahead with no stops on the track and others where I was just in a right foul mood. At the end of those sort of days, I would get hit with a “Oh Shitsticks!” wave of realization - I haven’t posted my happiness for the day! Obviously, the 71 percenters just gave up and went to bed without giving “this silly challenge” a second thought. I refused to let them be right. I was damned and determined to find some blip of bloody cheer on those nonstop, kick ya in the crotch kinda days and MAKE the time to relish in it -- no matter how silly or small it may have seemed to others. I give thanks to my stubborn streak for soldiering on and finding the time because ultimately, it made me smile when I found that little moment of happiness and would briefly make me forget about all the worries of the day.


Eat, Drink, And Be Merry

Food and bevys REALLY bring me joy. One or both of these things showed up in a whopping 30+ of my posts. I don’t find this surprising but I do find it amusing. Noms, java jolts, and boozing FOREVER!


Relishing Life Changes

In the mix of all of the small moments, I did have several major life events take place over the course of my 100 happy days.



31 going on 13!

My 31st birthday was celebrated! I said goodbye to that fresh faced 30 year old and am now IN my thirties. I somehow feel more adult(ish) having passed through the entryway year. You become more aware of your accomplishments and unfinished goals. I’ve found it to be incredibly enlightening and motivating.



I'm famous!



My very first piece of published writing went global on one of my favorite sites, HelloGiggles! This was a major two thumbs up moment for me and a real boost for the ole writing endeavors. It’s pushed me to set even loftier goals and really stretch my scribing to new heights.


Beebe & Adam: A love story!


My bestie for the restie got engaged to the love of her life in NYC! I was fortunate enough to have a hand in both the planning of it and being there to witness such a truly beautiful and momentous occasion for Beebe and Adam. It was a happy sobbing kind of day in Central Park.


The happiest auntie in the world!


My gorgeous little niece, Felicity came into the world on September 9th. I have never known a love like this before - it has filled my heart to the absolute brim and continues to overflow with love every time I see her precious baby face. Watching my little brother turn into the most doting and loving father makes me BEAM with bliss. Josh and Katie-Beth shine with love and happily sleep deprived new parent faces.


I cherished every one of these BIG moments during this challenge but it also helped me to relish in the small successes and persevere when the crummier moments tried to take over. It taught me to properly honor the GREAT days, to feel EVERYTHING, and always find the GOOD in each and every day.

I highly recommend finding happiness for 100 days straight. I guarantee it will overflow into the days beyond.


Peace, Love, + Good Cheer


Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment