Thursday, March 10, 2011

yo. lissie be singin' my song.



This is basically what my life has consisted of tonight: The song plays, the song ends. I hit replay. The song plays, the song ends. I hit replay. The song plays, the song ends. I hit replay...etc. Now, either I truly love this song or I'm beginning to show signs of obsessive compulsive disorder!

Jokes aside folks, there is something truly extraordinary about it. I recall the first time it happened upon my ears and I distinctly remember saving it away in my brain under the tunes-to-look-up-and-forever-love-file. However, tonight, this song has set up camp in its very own corner of my heart. When I stumbled upon this version, something about the stripped down, raw emotion hit me like a punch to the gut. And if ever there were a song that could convey the lost, searching soul that I am, it is this very one. Music has a way of forcing you to feel every emotion and face yourself in the bleakest of times. The beautiful thing - there's hope. Hope in the words. Hope in her voice. Hope buried somewhere within me.

Sometimes I want to throw my hands up and surrender but this song reminded me that I have to have faith ---- faith that all of the struggles and broken moments in my life will eventually help me find my way and for blogs-sake, my place in this whacked out world!

Thank you, Lissie, for this godsend of a song. It will forever remain in its own special corner of my heart.

And...replay.



Peace, Love, & Chicken Grease,

Beks

3 comments:

  1. That's a really cool song. Maybe it's good that she isn't super famous so she doesn't have those lady gaga, Rihanna Pop beats and autotune, and that it's just voice and guitar. I like her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it, Hannah -- and I couldn't agree more. It's nice to see raw, natural talent out there, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete